>Looks like that's the problem. AST is not enabled. I have to look into it
>
>closer because that config source that's supposedly in place has AST
>defined. Unfortunately it's on a remote VM which I don't administer and I
>
>don't have access to the RSCS config disk.

If available, check the RSCS console to find the event which caused
AST to be turned off.  RSCS displays a message indicating AST was
disabled for the link.  Conditions that can cause this to occur
include someone draining the link, or an unrecoverable error was
encountered.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development