Von: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auftrag von Tracy Dean
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008 16:21
An: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Betreff: Re: DFSMS for VM Exit FSRMDEV

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:23:17 +0100, Rempel, Horst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Hello VMers,
>
>we have a problem with DFSMS/RMS for VM and our IBM 3494 TapeLibrary with
mixxed tapedrives 2 x 3490 and 4 x 3590.
>When we do mount requests without specifying a real device RMS will try to
use the first available device nevertheless its
>a 3490 or a 3590.
>
>So the recommandation from IBM to solve our problem is to modify the exit
FSMRMDEV.

<product promotion on>

Or you could use a tape management product (such as IBM Tape Manager for
z/VM) to manage your tapes and the devices in the ATL.  Once you've
specified the types of tapes you have and the types of devices you have,
Tape Manager will request the correct device for a specific tape.  And of
course you get the additional benefits of tape management such as access
control, expiration processing, etc.

<product promotion off>

Tracy Dean, IBM