Thanks, Alan. This is pretty plain vanilla - no SSL, LPR, REXEC, etc.
just some telnet and FTP.

David Wakser

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 9:05 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: TCPIP 510 under z/VM 4,4

On Thursday, 01/31/2008 at 10:58 EST, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I was having a problem in about the summer of '06 with SMTP.  It had
> the annoying habit of abending with a humongous console.  Someone in
> TCPIP 2nd lvl suggested that I replace the z/VM 4.4 level of SMTP with

> the 5.1 SMTP.  It reduced the problem a lot, but it still happened.
> Must be something in our environment.  At any rate the 510 SMTP ran
> just fine on z/VM 4.4 and that level of TCPIP.
>
> Go ahead and give it a try.  You'd probably get a "not supported" from

> IBM, but you already have a problem anyway.  What do you have to lose?

If it were my unsupported system, I'd run an FL520 stack on it with an
FL520 NETSTAT, and leave everything else alone.  I would not attempt to
deploy the SSL server and I would ignore the warnings from clients and
servers about a mismatch.  And if I process any performance data from
the stack, I would examine the results for a sanity check.

YMMV.  Batteries not included.