Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :-

> Side remark:
> As one can see, we set the read password to ALL for these "general
> public" minidisks.  This way if we'd be forced to IPL without RACF,
> people would still be able to LINK RR without password (but, even
> though I still have a CP nuc without RACF on CF1, we never had to use
> a CP-without-RACF in the 19 years we run with RACF)

This is a good point - you never know when you are going to be hit. Not so
long ago the ALL got missed off a new version of one of our public disks
on one system and AUTOLOG1 failed to link it (it was linked from a local
extension to the SYSPROF) so RACF never got started!! Easy enough to fix
but annoying.

Yes - we do use the Mdisk password for comments like Kris and we usually
have ALL as the read password on Public disks.

With best regards / mit den besten Grüßen,

Colin Allinson
Technical Manager - VM Systems Support
Operating Systems Services
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
T: +49 (0)8122 43 4975
F: +49 (0)8122 43 3260
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.amadeus.com

IMPORTANT  -  CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE  - This e-mail is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity shown above as addressees . It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure under applicable laws .  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, printing, distribution, copying, disclosure or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or using the address below
and delete the message and any attachments from your system .

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Eberhard Haag
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erding
HR München 48 199