Maintaining 20 VM systems from a central point, using SENDFILE/remote
SFS/shared disk based tools is what I did the last 10 to 15 years.  I
created/extended things that allow me now to create/reuse SW
distribution "jobs", including saving segments, running RACF,
DIRMAINT, CP, CMS commands to run before or after the installation of
files.  We don't need to logon on the target system to get it ready.
The "jobs" can contain verification steps to avoid running it twice.
As usual: documention is limited; SFS is a prereq as the jobs are
stored there.  The CMS/GUI interface is optional.
Contact me offline and so we can see what we can do

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support