I think David, with Mike's correction is correct. We've got 2nd level MVS machines that are used for our D/R tests. We always start the exercise by loading the D/R backup tapes from S/A DFDSS. The consoles on the 2nd level MVS id's are specified as being 3270 rather than 3215. Works just fine.
Jim

Mike Walter wrote:
--=_alternative 0065F858862573EC_=

While I hesitate to correct David, in this case a correction is warranted.
The proper command is:=20
        CP TERMINAL CONMODE 3270
Perhaps David's suffering Monday Syndrome=3F

Respectfully,

Mike Walter=20
Hewitt Associates=20
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily=20
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"David Boyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>=20

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
02/11/2008 12:25 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: z/vm dfdss standalone ipl console

Also, some non-VM utilities really want CONMODE 3270. If Mike=3Fs suggestio=
n=
=20
doesn=3Ft work, try SET CONMODE 3270 before you IPL 181, eg:=20
=20
CP SET CONMODE 3270#IPL 181 CLEAR=20
=20
(the SET CONMODE will cause CMS to choke,  so be prepared). Press Enter=20
after the tape has stopped moving.=20
=20

=46rom: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On=20
Behalf Of Mike Walter