Hi,

We are running z/VM Version 5 Release 2.0 service level 0702 (64-bit)

We have a standalone z/OS DFDSS 1.7 which we intend to IPL
from a z/VM guest to restore a tape backup to a dasd.
Upon IPL from tape (i.e. IPL 181 clear), we were able to load
the standalone dfdss program successfully:

   5694-A01 DFSMSDSS STAND-ALONE v1.07.0 ....
   ADRY005E  DEFINE INPUT DEVICE, REPLY 'DDD,CCUU' OR 'CONSOLE'
   ENTER INPUT/COMMAND:
   .
We reply to message above with "CONSOLE" ,but the program
just hangs without any error message. z/vm shows the status as "running".

Other programs such as standalone ICKDSF seems to have no problem.

We know our SADFDSS is a working tape because when we ipled without z/vm,

there is no problem replying "CONSOLE" to the ADRY0005E message.

Can anyone guide me on what to check ? thanks.

Caleb