Not only do I like the prefix area on the left, I set number on because
I frequently work with blocks having more than 23 records. I give the
first line a label, scroll down to where I can see the last line, and
enter a command like ".a banana :lastlinenumber". As long as we are
discussing our religions, I:

*
        locate the command line on the bottom and the current line in
the middle,
*
        set scale and shadow off,
*
        set stay on, and
*
        prefer a mod-5 terminal (but that was another recent religious
war that does not need to be rehashed now).

Regards,
Richard Schuh