I have a character string 'NOW IS THE TIME          '
Please note that there are multiple spaces/blanks after the word TIME
I want to find the length of this character string not including
the multiple blanks after TIME.(i.e. NOW IS THE TIME  length=15)
I can figure it out with brute force and awkwardness (get the LENGTH
of the string and start working backwards until I hit the first
non-blank) but was hoping for a more elegant way.  Is there a
double-secret Rexx function or a Pipe function that will accomplish
this? I'm a little surprised Rexx doesn't have this (unless, again,
it's on the double-secret list).
Thanks,
Steve G