Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide clarification on the set up to use
SNMP to manage virtual switches with z/VM 5.3.0.

In the z/VM TCP/IP Planning and Customization book (chapters 21 & 23), it
mentions the requirement to define a manager for the virtual switch by adding
the "VSWITCH vswitchnm" option to a HOME statement in a z/VM TCP/IP stack.
Does that VSWITCH vswitchnm option use a link associated with one of my
existing osa's (either with a device address range already defined or a new
address range) that are attached to the TCPIP stack or to the separate osa's
associated with my vswitch? Does the ip address need to be added to the mproute
config that is associated with the TCP/IP stack so that ospf can add it to the
routing table?

Thanks

Ken Spracklen