On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  IMO, sanity checks are in the domain of directory maintenence products.

Fully agree, so for folks using XEDIT and DIRECTXA by hand (that we
were talking about) they *are* the directory maintenance product...
They may have bizarre rituals like saving a copy of the source
directory on their 1-pack rescue system, checking for overlaps after
editing extents by hand, formatting new mini disks.
And on my wish list: the userid that issued the DIRECTXA command, so
we know where to put the monkey.
And there might also be a need to record the number of DIAG84 calls
after DIRECTXA, as well as the parameters of the last one :-)

Rob

Bob: I have never met anyone who maintains his directory by hand and
uses cluster format. ;-)   I must admit that I was thinking about a
checksum of the full source, but then realized it would be not very
informative for the audience looking for the source directory.