Then again, we use VM:Backup and copy our data to tape.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 10:33 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: listing active user directory

We've got MAINT B91 as backup of MAINT 191 since the VM/SP days.  Our
DIRBKP EXEC keep the last 9 levels of the CP directory there, as well as
SYSTEM CONFIG; the result of a QUERY DASD and Q ALLOC.  DIRBKP does not
only maintain these backups but also performs some checks each night
such as: is MDISK MAINT 298 (i.e. VTAM) still in the directory.
Additionally, the 9 copies of the directory & co are also copied to a
central SFS: so when a system is down due to disk errors, we know what
is lost (touching wood: didn't need this for more than 10 years).

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.