I've put up my popular presentation "configuring z/VM and Linux for Performance" at "velocitysoftware.com/present/config". This presentation looks at how to ensure your performance for Linux and z/VM is optimal, and provides the best practices. I'm still working on the notes. YOu will want to look at the SET SRM STORBUF setting towards the end of the presentation.

O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C] wrote:

Our shop is new to Zvm and Linux. We have a very small number of Linux users
who are reporting significant response time problems. It almost seems as if
each stops running for a period of time and is then re-dispatched.
Is there a VM parameter that we might have taken the default on that needs tweaking? Any help or advice appreciated as this is a proof of concept endeavour and we would like not to turn off prospective users from the start. Thank you,
Dave O'Brien
National Institutes of Health