In which case my question would have been the same.  Asking other people what
kind of mileage they get out of their systems is likely to be totally
irrelevant.  "It depends" doesn't even begin to cover it.  As another responder
suggested, he'd be far better off looking at his current workload and
extrapolating from that.

>>> Mike Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/20/08 10:29 AM >>>
 >>  I understand all shops are different and 'it depends'
>> applies...but we are curious as to the ratio of IFLs to Linux guest in
>> other shops.

>The question that comes to my mind is "why would you care?"  My reaction
is that you're trying to manage performance >and capacity by gut feel and
rules of thumb.

Or... perhaps he's trying to get an idea of how much hardware (and the
associated costs) is required to support a planned Linux on System z
project?