On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:32:58PM -0400, Alan Altmark wrote:

> I think you'll find the MP3K is just too slow (CPU speed).  That was the
> point of my talking about a z10; it's a much faster CPU than even a z9.
>
> But as an experiment to determine feasibility of the technology it would
> be ok. I.e. it "runs".

Well, it's only a matter of time until IBM drops support for
the MP 3000 and at the rate applications are being migrated
off it, we're going to need a z10 BC (assuming such a beast
is coming) to replace it.  It would be very nice to be able
to say we could support some XP servers on it.  So I guess
I'll think about bringing up a zlinux vm and playing with
Bochs...

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg