On Wednesday, 03/26/2008 at 12:05 EDT, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> At my previous place of employment, I implemented a class S SEND command
 on,
> initially, an HPO4 system. It was a problem at first because SEND was
OCO. I
> had to trace successful and unsuccessful SENDs on a 2nd level system to
see
> where each went. Then I had to find a patch area where I could put my
code.
> Fortunately, IBM provided a universal patch area called the Copyright. I
 was
> glad to see the class C SEND come on the scene.

Hmmm.... calling the ESM at the *end* of any command for status
logging...hmmm.....  (One can't wait until end of command to call the ESM
because you would then have no record of who issued "FORCE MYESM" or
carefully crafted "STORE HOST" or "SHUTDOWN".

Not that I'm paranoid, but that's what they pay me for.