From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Marcy Cortes
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 09:32
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] DR refresh of active SFS

I opened a SHARE requirement about this.

DFSMS RMS requires stuff in SFS.
To get a valid backup you must either have some software that
understands the SFS or have the SFS down.  But you can' t have the SFS
down or you can't mount a tape if they are in an ATL.
But you'd like to have RMS available as soon as you restore your full
pack so that you can use that special SW you purchased to restore your
SFS!
So, you really have to do a fileserve generate and then copy in enough
of your DFSMS configs that hopefully you've kept elsewhere on minidisk
in order to get your ATL to work.

In reality, what we do is *hope* that the physcial backup while it is up
is ok.  We keep nothing but dfsms in there (in the VMS* filepools) in
hopes that since it is static, no issues will arise.

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this