On Friday, 03/28/2008 at 11:05 EDT, Colin Allinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What has happened is that most SFS servers start OK but the most active
one
> just dumps on startup.
>
> Is there any way to do a verification/clean process so that I can get it

> started with whatever is valid - or do I have to take another complete
dump
> with our production system down.

Please read the "Recovery Procedures" chapter of the SFS Planning and
Admin book.  It describes two backup methods:
1. Using SFS-provided utilities
2. Using non-SFS-provided utilities

Case 2 requires that the SFS server be down. The collection of minidisks
that comprise the SFS server are a single entity.  If there is a
discrepancy among the disks, which is correct?  If there's one *detected*
mismatch, might there be other *un*detected mismatches?  So there is no
"ignore the error and keep going". If it were simply an uncommitted unit
of work (the system dies during SFS processing), it would be backed out
automatically.