Von: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auftrag von O'Brien, Dennis L
Gesendet: Sonntag, 30. März 2008 06:24
An: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Betreff: Unexpected FORCE starts

We've occasionally had to FORCE start a system after a planned shutdown,
and we can't find any reason why the shutdown wouldn't have completed
successfully.  We're thinking maybe the operator didn't wait for the
shutdown to finish before doing the IPL.  We recently changed from 3174
console controllers to OSA-ICC.  I've noticed that when the shutdown is
complete, we no longer see the completion message on the emulator
session.  Instead, we see a banner like this:

 **    OSC Index 3  connected to OSC0180 via IP Addr
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1024    **
 **        LT Index=2  CSSID= 0 MIFID= 7 CU=0  UA=0   LUName=Lxxxx180
**
 **       Type=2094-S54 Mfg=IBM SN=0000000xxxxx CHPID=66 Status=Active
**

I'm wondering if this banner appears BEFORE the shutdown has finished.
Does it?  If it does, I suppose I'll have to tell the operators to check
for a PSW wait state on the HMC before they IPL.

                                                       Dennis

"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill."  --
Robert A. Heinlein