I wasn't too cleat. It is a DUMP pack and I can guarantee that there are
no files on it, even if I have to SET DUMP OFF and purge any closed dump
files. I probably don't have to go to that extreme, though. We just took
our first dump in over a year, a SNAPDUMP taken because of a
LOGOFF/FORCE PENDING condition. We usually do not have any dumps in
spool, except for TPF dumps, and they don't count - they are regular
spool files and are not on the DUMP disks.

Speaking of dumps, IBM's server at testcase.software.ibm.com can't seem
to digest the SNAPDUMP. It is only about 400,000,000 bytes. The FTP
aborts about halfway through saying that the foreign host terminated the
connection. Do I need to open a PMR against the IBM server? If so, how
do I do that? We do have a fairly large system, but it was nearly idle
at the time of the dump, so I wouldn't imagine that the size was
outlandish.

On a slightly different, but related, front, when I called to report the
problem (1-800-426-7378, option 2 followed by option 3) I was told to
please wait for the next available person. The NAP turned out to be
offshore and was wondering why I called him (this was before 4:00 PM
EDT). He then transferred me to 1-800-426-7378 after telling me to
select options 2 and 3. When I selected my options, I was again told to
stay on the line after the call so that I might be included in a
customer satisfaction survey. Needless to say, I stayed on and was not
chosen for the survey. Do they have a "number of orbits completed"
counter in the orbital referral system so that any who have made the
round trip are immediately eliminated from consideration? :-)

Regards,
Richard Schuh