> I'm not sure what the actual intent is, but I received an email from
my
> P/390 client, wanting to explore the possibilities of upgrading to the
> MP3000 (about $3K on the used market).  Right now, I don't know if
this
> would be the disaster recovery machine, or a replacement for the
existing
> P/390 (with, perhaps, a second box for disaster recovery).

Given the price of spare parts for MP3Ks, I'd tell him to look into a
FlexES license first. Since he doesn't need zArch support (and couldn't
get it anyway even if he did), he's better off spending his $3K to get a
beefy Flex box which would certainly work with the NAS box, etc. Another
$3K will get him a 3 or 4 TB SCSI to SATA disk array fully loaded, and
he could ditch the NAS box or keep it, just as he likes.

Even if he buys two or three MP3Ks, they're kinda big to just have lying
around for spares, and they eat power like crazy compared to a Flex box.