Here is an extract from the HELP for the message:

HELP MSG DMSJEN1137E

     System Action: RC=31 or 70.

     RC=31-  A rollback of active work has occurred.

     RC=70-  The system status remains the same.

     User Response: Try to enter the command a few more times.  If the lock
     persists, try to resolve the lock conflict.

     Note:  The lock could go away before you resolve it. If this occurs, enter
            the command again, or resolve the lock conflict and then enter the
            command again.

     Otherwise, there is an explicit lock on either the file, the directory,
     the file space, or the storage group. To aid in resolving the locking
     conflict:

       1.   Determine if an explicit lock exists on the file (base file or
            alias on a file) or directory. Enter the QUERY LOCK command to find
            out which users have explicit locks for the file (base file or
            alias on a file) or directory, and ask them to remove the locks.

       2.   If no locks are held from the previous QUERY LOCK command, and you
            are trying to update or write to a file or directory, verify the
            directory is a DIRCONTROL directory. Do so by entering the QUERY
            DIRATTR command.

            If it is a DIRCONTROL directory, the directory might be accessed in
            read/write status by another user. Enter the QUERY ACCESSORS
            command to find if a user is accessing the directory R/W. If so,
            contact this user to release the directory, and enter the command
            again.

       3.   If you find no locks are held on the file or directory, or for a
            DIRCONTROL directory, it is not accessed R/W, there might be an
            outstanding disable lock on the file space or storage group.

            Enter the QUERY FILEPOOL DISABLE command to find out which users
            have created disable locks, and ask them to remove the locks, or
            contact your file pool administrator.

Your return code was 70. I suspect that you are the administrator, so when you
get to the end, start talking to yourself :-)I hope this helps. I have never
run into this problem in over 20 years of using SFS, so I have no guarantees.
There was lots of other information in the HELP response, so if it isn't in
this extract, you might look at the parts that I have omitted. That is one of
the nice features of VM, all of the messages are documented in the HELP files.

Regards,
Richard Schuh