Stephen, you are doing great. Your workload must be Oracle, and not WAS, DB2 or Domino. If it is WAS, it must be old prior to "performance enhancements". so don't upgrade it.

And the metric IS useful, you know if you add 4 more servers how much more mainframe storage you need. And your number gives a reference point to others to show what they could be doing if everything worked correctly.

Stephen Frazier wrote:

My overcommit ratio is about 5:1 not counting CMS users. If you count them it is more like 15:1. It seems to work fine. I don't think overcommit ratio is very useful for anything. It is two dependent on the kind of users you have to be meaningful.

Marcy Cortes wrote:

I keep hearing things like shouldn't be overcommitted in prod more than
2:1 or 3 or 4:1 in test.

How is that calculated?

Can I just take the (Pageable storage number  + Pages on DASD ) /
pageable storage number?

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this