Just for the clarification and sanity of all, are you talking about shell
scripting in Linux, or programming for the ISHELL in z/OS? They are two
absolutely separate and distinct environments, and there is little (possibly
nothing?) in common between them.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\