Brian, this all sounds essentially the same as my set up.  The TRSOURCE shows
packets coming in to DTCVSW1 (my controller), going to Linux, coming back from
Linux, going into DTCVSW1, and going out of DTCVSW1 headed for the OSA.  And
that last part shows "Packet was delivered".  My penguins are all set up as
VLAN unaware, and no routers.  My default route is similar to yours, I'm just
using a 10.0.202 subnet.  The network switch is configured as a Trunk Port
connected to the OSA.  Two different guests can ping each other through the
Vswitch.

Still nothing is getting out of the OSA.  Humph!

>>> Brian Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/4/2008 2:00 PM >>>
Does your VM TRSOURCE show the packets coming out of the Linux guest?  If=

not they have no chance of getting out through the OSA.

We do all sorts of VLANs here with no issues.  In case it helps, here is =

all the parts of a working setup:

In SYSTEM CONFIG:
DEFINE VSWITCH SWITCH02 RDEV 0500 F800 VLAN 1

In AUTOLOG1's PROFILE EXEC:
'SET VSWITCH SWITCH02 GRANT linux_userid1 VLAN 70'
'SET VSWITCH SWITCH02 GRANT linux_userid2 VLAN 2'
'SET VSWITCH SWITCH02 GRANT linux_userid3 VLAN 7'

In USER DIRECT for various linux guests:
NICDEF 0804 TYPE QDIO LAN SYSTEM SWITCH02

Each linux guest is setup as VLAN unaware, using an IP address in the
range 192.168.x.x, and the Linux routing table is:
   DEFAULT 192.168.0.1 - -
which is the IP address of the external switch.

The network switch is configured to treat the link to the OSA a TRUNK.

My VM TCPIP stack is also connected to the vswitch and can ping the Linux=

guests.

No stack connected to the vswitch is setup as a router.

Brian Nielsen

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:22:47 -0600, Richard Clapper
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yes to both questions.  Also, VM TRSOURCE traces are seeing the traffic =

from outside the OSA coming into VM and Linux.

=
>messages coming out of the OSA.  Everyone agrees the Linux routing and =

the =

=
>and/or resolve that?
>
>Thanks,
>Dick Clapper

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication.  Thank you.