On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:12:00 -0700, Stricklin, Raymond J <raymond.j.strick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>We recently began, under unknown circumstances, receiving this exception

>from PTK on one VM LPAR (z800, V5R3):
>
>FCXPER315A Cl1 time slice 1.444 exceeds limit 1.000 (Q1=21 Qx=24)
>
>We received it (with slightly different numbers) once every ten minutes
>for about a month, when it stopped under circumstances equally unknown
>as those surrounding its beginning. Only one LPAR of the four on the
>machine reports this exception.
>
>I don't really know what it's referring to (apart from the dispatcher,
>generally), or what its significance might be. Is it of any
>significance? Where might I begin looking to determine the ultimate
>cause?
>
>Thanks;
>
>ok
>r.
>========================
=========================
==========

We don't run PTK, we run ESAMON. But we have seen similar messages.

I'm guessing that either your monitor shared segments are too small or th
e user connecting to the
monitor segment needs a greater SHARE and/or QUICKDISP.

In my case we are running in a small deliberately paging constrained VM.
Nothing we can do
avoids these errors.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com