Terry,
The message
DTCOBE005E Unable to read file 'Filename Filetype filemode'
means that it cannot read your configuration file for some reason.  Do you
have the correct filename, filetype and filemode?

Peggy Williams
607-429-4063
z/VM - TCP/IP Development

             "Martin, Terry R.
             (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             .hhs.gov>                 IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             Sent by: The IBM                                           cc
             z/VM Operating
             System                                                Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         HiperSockets Setup
             ARK.EDU>

             06/04/2008 04:44
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

Hi

I am setting up HIPERSOCKETS for the first time and I am dealing with the
syntax of the TCPIP PROFILE for the first time. I am using the HIPERSOCKETS
Implementation Guide Red Book to walk through this. I made the changes to
the PROFILE TCPIP and the SYSTEM DTCPARMS file. I am trying to do the
OBEYFILE PROFILE TCPIP and I am receiving a DTCOBE005E error message. I
assume it is some kind of syntax error in the PROFILE but I cannot find the
description of the error message. Anyone know where I might find it?

Thanks.. Terry

Terry Martin
Lockheed Martin - CITIC
z/OS Performance and Tuning