Hi Howard. Use the “( LEAVE”  option as you did on the dump example. The
default is to unload tape after the command completes. The first restore all
will unload the tape so the other will try to run with and unloaded tape drive.

Hans

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Howard Rifkind
Sent: June 9, 2008 4:46 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DDR Minidisk Restore Problem.

Hello all,

I’m having a problem restoring minidisks which I backed up using DDR.

Backing them up all on one tape.

I batched up a bunch of minidisks, a quick sample is below:

SYSPRINT CONS

PROMPTS OFF

INPUT 12C4 3390

OUTPUT 181 3590 (LEAVE

DUMP ALL

INPUT 1191 3390

OUTPUT 181 3590 (LEAVE

DUMP ALL

INPUT 12A2 3390

OUTPUT 181 3590 (LEAVE

DUMP ALL

All are going to the same tape.  The first mini at 12C4 is empty.  But, this
didn’t create any error during the dump process and all the other DDR Dumps
complete with problems.

However during the restore:

SYSPRINT CONS

PROMPTS OFF

INPUT 181 3590

OUTPUT 12C4 3390

RESTORE ALL

INPUT 181 3590

OUTPUT 1191 3390

RESTORE ALL

INPUT 181 3590

OUTPUT 12A2 3390

RESTORE ALL

Just the first minidisk restores to 12C4, which by the way there isn’t any
records.

Then I get an endless stream of CCW errors on the 181 tape.

The minidisks to be restored are all R/W as an example indicates below:

DASD 111F 3390 VPDPS1 R/W          8 CYL ON DASD  04B8 SUBCHANNEL = 0039

DASD 1191 3390 VPDPS1 R/W          9 CYL ON DASD  04B8 SUBCHANNEL = 002C

DASD 129D 3390 VPDPS1 R/W          9 CYL ON DASD  04B8 SUBCHANNEL = 0032

To get to the first minidisk I did a:

CP LINK USERA 11F 111F MW

Links are all O.K. no errors on any of the links.

Thanks.

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential
and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only.
Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the
contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately, then delete this
message and empty from your trash.