And, you should be aware that   LINK uid vdev vdev MW   is ***very dangerous***

An MW link should never be used for CMS minidisks, use M or MR
instead.  Every unexperienced VMer uses MW... until he gets a
corrupted minidisk.   With MW you allow concurrent updates and as CMS
keeps minidisk structures in storage (for ACCESSed mindisks that is),
two users updating the same minidisk lead to corruption.  One doesn't
even need to perform an explicit write: this sequence can be enough to
cause corruption.
 LINK uuu vvvv zzz MW
 ACCESS zzz Z
 RELEASE Z
Because at RELEASE time, CMS writes the allocation map back to disk

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support