>No, I haven't looked at grouping printers yet.=20
>
>I tried to specify a printer name and host IP address as the target, and
>got the same error -
>
>lpr profile exec a (asynchronous printer qeeple22

You need to either use the RSCS parameter, or define a GROUP LPR route
statement.
Help for the RSCS parameter:

RSCS linkid,nodeid
RSCS [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RSCS linkid AT nodeid
    Identifies the RSCS link that provides a connection to a target print
    daemon or device, where:

      o linkid is the one- to eight-character link identifier of the RSCS link
        that provides the connection to the chosen print daemon or device.

      o nodeid is the one- to eight-character node name of the remote VM
        system that provides the connection to a target chosen print daemon or
        device.

    When specific link and node values are not defined, "LPR" is used as the
    default link identifier (linkid) for non-PostScript files, while "LPRP" is
    used for PostScript files; the local node (as returned by the CMS IDENTIFY
    command) is used for nodeid.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development