Try   2821

C. M. (Mike) Hammock
Sr. Technical Support
zFrame & IBM zSeries Solutions
(404) 643-3258
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "Jim Bohnsack"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             du>                                                        To
             Sent by: The IBM          "IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU"
             z/VM Operating            <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
             System                                                     cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ARK.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Question for old-timers

             06/10/2008 04:00
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

We're doing some work on a 2nd level MVS system for use at a D/R site
and the MVS sysprog wanted to get some printed output.  I figured that
the easiest way was to have the 2nd lvl MVS system print to the default
VM 1403 printer.  Easy for me to say!!  On the MVS side of the house,
they needed to add a 1403 impact printer to the MVS IODEF.  But since
IODEF asked for a control unit and we had no idea at all what a 1403
printer control unit was called, we settled for a 3203 since it appears
that the 3203 CU was the 3203.  3203's sort of complicate things,
however, because of FCB and UCS image loading.

If you define a 1403 printer, is the control unit 1403 as well?  We
can't seem to find a 1403 Functional Characteristics manual for some
reason.

Jim

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message. To reply to our email
administrator directly, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]