From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 10:27 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: can the cpu model be obtained from the HMC panel

Hi listers,

is there a way to get the cpu model from an HMC panel? I have searched
this on a 2096, but I only got the 2096 S07 on the "View Hardware
Configuration". But the performance model of this machine was R01, out
of the contract which I have asked for afterwards. But I would be
interested, if I could find this information also on the HMC directly. I

had several times asked customers which model they have and they didn't
know it.
--
kind regards
Franz Josef Pohlen

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender and delete the
material from any computer.