97400

Routine: Common

Severity: ERROR

Explanation: Sever condition returned from APPC/VM communication
request. If your application receives this reason code intermittently,
but the file pool is still available and other commands work correctly,
the file pool server may be improperly configured. Notify your file pool
administrator of this condition. (Ask the administrator to check the
USERS start-up parameter value.)

OK ... what should I be asking myself about "Ask the administrator to
check the USERS start-up parameter value."?

This FilePool was just created from scratch via FILESERV GENERATE, so
it's not a case where the USERS parameter may have been changed, but the
server not rebuilt.  I definitely get the error intermittently as the
not-so-clear explanation states (it's an empty FilePool I'm populating
from a backup to tape).  The correlation between USERS and WHAT is not
correct ... ?

JR (Steven) Imler
CA
Senior Software Engineer