For those on z/VM 5.3.0, please check out the CP QUERY Virtual FLASHCopy
command;  under FLC
in the online help for HELP CPQUERY VIRTUAL.

    especially the "ACTIVE         Number of active FLASHCOPY
relationships" output.   It shows the number of
    copies (including background copies) currently active for the real
track extents (start to end) covered by a
    VM minidisk on the real volume.

Steve Wilkins
z/VM I/O Strategy

             Kris Buelens
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             il.com>                                                    To
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: FLASHCOPY performance to a
                                       DS6800 DASD

             07/16/2008 01:37
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

Check out ICKDSF's PPRCOPY command.  I surely has information about pending
remote copies.
   ICKDSF CONSOLE CONSOLE
   PPRCOPY QUERY UNIT(vaddr)
  (you need to link to a fullpack first; you can query the primary and
secondary device)
So, it may also return information about Flashcopy status.