Thanks to all for your replies,

I resolved my issue with the following and I can get exactly what I want out of
this.

'EXECIO * CP (STEM BUFLINE. STRING 'CP CLOSE CONS OPERATOR''
SAY BUFLINE.1
PARSE VAR   BUFLINE.1 . . . . . . . . RDR_NUMBER UNUSED1

>>> "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 7/17/2008 2:38 PM >>>
Another possibility would be that the console had been closed and no new
messages had been displayed between that close  and the EXECIO.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential
and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only.
Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the
contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately, then delete this
message and empty from your trash.