Howard Rifkin wrote:
>I guess I should sit down and learn how to use the PIPE command.  But in the
>mean time it appears that my EXECIO command isn't doing its thing.

Sure, and you just want to get your problem solved!  We understand that.

Since it appears that something is going on, how about changing the EXECIO CP
to just a 'CP CLOSE CONSOLE OPERATOR' to see if you get the message *then*?
And add CP QUERY SET just before it, too, to see if something is turning
IMSG/EMSG off.

A suggestion.  If you just want to trap and parse the output, DIAG is much
cleaner:

  parse value diag(8, 'CLOSE CONSOLE OPERATOR') with . . file .

...gets you the SPOOL file number (if that's what you wanted) in one operation.
 Doesn't help with the "where's my message?" issue, but it does make your code
shorter and cleaner.

Let us know what happens!

...phsiii