On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Florian Bilek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for that information. I will have a look on ISFC. First, I have to
> get me some CTCs ;-)

For modern configurations, that takes just a foot of fiber to connect
two spare chpids. Find an old gray haired person to talk about 3088
where the I/O configuration drawings even "X" for selected connection
and "o" for "broken" ...

A "null modem" for those with such heritage. And the neat thing is
that our foot of fiber actually is 256 null modem cables. We don't do
cross wires, so you configure one chpid as male and the other as
female (the political correct term is CTC and CNC).

PS A friend of mine used to say that RS232 stands for "Recommended
Soldering: 2 to 3, 3 to 2"

Rob