On Monday, 07/21/2008 at 02:14 EDT, Karl J Severson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was happy to see that others are using PCOMM so perhaps someone will
be able
> to figure out my plight. I use the OS/2 flavor (4.21) and promptly each
> Saturday, my console and any other open sessions running VM go blank and
there
> is a 658 code on the bottom of the frame of each open session. I don't
think
> that there is anything special about Saturdays. No one is even working.
> believe it has something to do with having to reboot the system every
Monday to
> get the sessions back. So, something "fills up" or breaks 6 days after
> rebooting OS/2 and VM. When I was finally able to find out what a 658
code
> meant, it said that it was the session(s) attempting to initialize the
TCPIP
> connection to the hardware management console. This makes sense as while
VM is
> booting I notice that the sessions beep and display the VM logo around
the same
> time as TCPIP is brought up. The actual error that I get is VMYIOD041T
> Permanent I/O error on console, SCSW=0009. This problem plagues all four
of my
> IBM servers which are, obviously, all configured exactly alike. Thanks
in
> advance for any insight anyone may have.

I would guess that every weekend a firewall is rebooted.  I don't
understand about "reboot the system every Monday to get the sessions
back".  Reboot what system?

PCOMM will only try to reconnect if it receives a disconnect.  And that
will only happen (assuming you don't shutdown TCPIP on VM) if something
between your workstation and VM causes it to happen.