-----The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote: -----

To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
From: Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 07/21/2008 11:45AM
Subject: Re: TCPIP & PCOMM 658 Code

I would guess that every weekend a firewall is rebooted.  I don't
understand about "reboot the system every Monday to get the sessions
back".  Reboot what system?

PCOMM will only try to reconnect if it receives a disconnect.  And that
will only happen (assuming you don't shutdown TCPIP on VM) if something
between your workstation and VM causes it to happen.

I guess I should have mentioned what servers I have. I have four 3006 Integrated Servers (P/390s) which run OS/2 and VM. By sessions I mean the PCOMM 3270 console screens which display VM:Operator and which can be used to log on to other VM accounts. The icons on the desktop call them Local P/390 Sessions or P/390 WS. By rebooting the system I mean that on each 3006 I have to end the P/390 session which crashes VM as I have no console to shut VM down nicely. I then start the P/390 software which brings up VM and all of the PCOMM 3270 sessions. I guess you'd have to be familiar with the P/390 to be able to picture what I'm describing but hopefully I'm giving you enough information to do so. As far as a firewall is concerned, this happens even if the system isn't hooked up to a network.

Karl Severson - Raytheon Company