> I think it is reasonable to use VMSYS and VMSYSU in the same manner
that
> IBM
> uses them in the 'default' RMSMASTER configuration. For applications
that

> are LOCAL to this system, I put control type information (config
files) i
> VMSYS and use VMSYSU for work and logfiles. At disaster recovery, I do
no
> mind starting with an empty VMSYSU.

Given that IBM discourages use of the VMSYSx: pools for real user data,
would it make sense to propose that those local filepools be configured
in a way that they reflected the node name they were running on, eg. if
running on node FOO, then the default install would create FOOS: (for
the IBM uses like RMSMASTER if that code can't be fixed to not require
VMSYS:) and (optionally) FOOR:? Using a generic name like VMSYS: seems
to be both confusing and not really all that optimal.

If one wanted to provide a default pool for user data in the starter
system, how about calling it <node>:, eg FOO: from our above example. It
shouldn't be too hard to have the SFS code determine the current node
name and publish that as the filepool name and/or APPC resource name.