I would have thought that "LA R15,32" would have been a better
instruction to use than "L R15, =A(32)". I know that in olden days it
burned less carbon. I don't know what the comparison with the LHI would
be, but imagine that the two would be pretty close since both actually
load the operands when the instruction is fetched, with no memory access
needed.

I was asked once to write a small program on OS/MFT that would burn
cycles. I named it IEFBR15. It was even shorter and did the job. For
such a trivial program, I didn't bother with the REGEQU.

Regards,
Richard Schuh