From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR)
(CTR)
Sent: Sun 8/3/2008 6:48 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DASD Detached from SYSTEM after IPL on one LPAR but not the other

Hi

I IPL'ed both of my z/VM 5.3 LPARS on Sunday. After the VAL/DEV LPAR was
brought up I started to logon and IPL the Linux guests. I had no problems on
this LPAR.

Now, after I IPL'ed the PROD LPAR I started to bring up the PROD Linux guests.
This time when I logged on the guests the guest could not access any of the
MDISKS assigned to it. I looked and found that all of the MDISKS were no longer
attached to SYSTEM. I know these were attached on Friday because I brought all
of the Linux guests up without a problem. It seems that they were detached
during the IPL. On the VAL/DEV LPAR the MDISKS for the Linux guests stayed
attached to SYSTEM after the IPL.

Does anyone know why the MDISKS were detached from the SYSTEM on my PROD LPAR
after the IPL?

Thanks, Terry