________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 9:49 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DASD Detached from SYSTEM after IPL on one LPAR but not the
other

Hi

I IPL'ed both of my z/VM 5.3 LPARS on Sunday. After the VAL/DEV LPAR was
brought up I started to logon and IPL the Linux guests. I had no
problems on this LPAR.

Now, after I IPL'ed the PROD LPAR I started to bring up the PROD Linux
guests. This time when I logged on the guests the guest could not access
any of the MDISKS assigned to it. I looked and found that all of the
MDISKS were no longer attached to SYSTEM. I know these were attached on
Friday because I brought all of the Linux guests up without a problem.
It seems that they were detached during the IPL. On the VAL/DEV LPAR the
MDISKS for the Linux guests stayed attached to SYSTEM after the IPL.

Does anyone know why the MDISKS were detached from the SYSTEM on my PROD
LPAR after the IPL?

Thanks, Terry