Jovial! Lord I miss working with that, and CMS-2Q too. :)

Anyways, have you looked at the used market? You can pick up a used z800 o a z890 for a sweet deal these days, often well under $100K. z/ VM is available to license for those machines at a pretty good cost, and you can always negotiate a discount.

Since you don't need to run z/OS, z9's are available with a couple IFL's for the sub $500K mark, with DASD. (You definitely have to negotiate that...)

Or if you can run under MVS, look at hosting it on Hercules under Intel Linux. Very cheap!

-Paul