?

>Karl Severson
>IBM VM System Administrator
>Raytheon Company
>El Segundo, California
>========================
=========================
==========
=============

z/OS doesn't run guests. Don't feel bad, I hear this all the time. Usuall
y as "Let's run Linux under
z/OS". I don't know why z/OS doesn't run guests (but I can guess). z/OS d
oes everything else.

The simile I made up years ago (when z/OS was called MVS):

Solving things with MVS is like getting a bowling ball with the same diam
eter as the lane -- it my
be huge and hard to roll, but it is guaranteed to knock down all the pins
.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com