Having read the posts on the subject of backing up the OSA-ICC
settings, I decided to share my own ICC setup method.

Since I:
1) do not like to sit at the HMC and enter lots of definitions,
2) find the procedure somewhat complicated
3) never remember what settings I want
4) am a fan of automating processes
I decided on a format that I found convenient for defining
ICC sessions, and wrote a Regina macro for the THE editor
which creates an importable ICC control file.

A sample of the input config file is as follows:

<OPTIONS>
devaddr.5 = 16   /* Set first device in LPAR 5 to address B010 */
</OPTIONS>

<OSC_SERVER>
  HOST_IP= 182.158.20.18
  DEFAULT_GATEWAY= 182.158.10.150
  SUBNET_MASK= 255.255.0.0
  PORT= 4450
  ETHERNET_FRAME= DIX
  MTU= 1492
  NAME= ZVMSYS
</OSC_SERVER>

<CONFIG_SESSION>

LU=PROD-OP0 MIF=1
LU=TEST-OP0 MIF=2
LU=MVSP-OP0 MIF=3
LU=MVST-OP0 MIF=4
LU=SYST-OP0 MIF=5
LU=ZVM5-OP0 MIF=6

LU=PROD-OP1 MIF=1
LU=TEST-OP1 MIF=2
LU=MVSP-OP1 MIF=3
LU=MVST-OP1 MIF=4
LU=SYST-OP1 MIF=5
LU=ZVM5-OP1 MIF=6

*LU=PROD-OP2 MIF=1
*LU=TEST-OP2 MIF=2
LU=MVSP-OP2 MIF=3
LU=MVST-OP2 MIF=4
LU=SYST-OP2 MIF=5
*LU=ZVM5-OP2 MIF=6

LU=X001ZVMP MIF=1
LU=X002ZVMP MIF=1
LU=X003ZVMP MIF=1
LU=X004ZVMP MIF=1

</CONFIG_SESSION>

The OSCSERVER section is copied AS-IS to the HMC
version. In the CONFIG_SESSION section, lines beginning
with an asterisk are ignored, lines beginning "LU=" create
a session definition, all other lines are copied AS-IS.
Each line defines the LUname and MIF (lpar) number of a session,
all other values are hard-coded in the macro.

I open the config definition file in THE, enter the command:
SET MACROPATH D:\macros\DOCS\ICC
and then type the name of the macro:
buildsessions

The macro will create an output file with the same fn as the
input, and extension .cfg

I will send the macro itself in a second email.
I hope someone finds this helpful, and am open to comments,
Shimon

Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308