>>> On 9/6/2008 at  7:20 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Marcy
Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At SHARE, Ehrich Amrehn discussed some very very large European and
> Asian customers.  Sites with like 300+ IFLs.    Places that made the us
> U.S. Linux on z customers look like small potatoes indeed!

Those customers have been around for a few years, so they wouldn't be figured
in to any "new MIPS shipped" calculations, although I'm just guessing about
that.  Even if they are, there's only a very small number of them (I can't and
won't be more specific), so I don't think they skew the numbers that much.
There are a couple of possibilities here in the US that would dwarf even those
numbers if things go as hoped, so we might someday get to that 50% of MIPS
shipped figure.  I can hope, anyway.  :)

Mark Post