I must have got this from Kris indirectly:

/* This exec changes CMS' READY message by including userid info.
    | format:  | RDYMSG                                         |
  Adapted by: Kris Buelens IBM Belgium;  BUELENSC at IECVM 19 Apr 1993
        from: David Lybrand & Joachim Becela */
parse upper source . . myname mytype . syn .
address command

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Have a RDYMSG with a highlighted 'USERID at NODE'                    |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------*/
'ID (LIFO'
pull myid . mynode .
rdymsg.1 = '& 3'
/*
rdymsg.2 = '8116      '||'1DE8'x||myid 'at' mynode||'1D60'x||'is ready'
*/
rdymsg.2 = '8116      Ready'||'1DE8'x||myid 'at' mynode||'1D60'x
'RENAME DMSUME REPOS A RDYMSG REPOS A'
ren_rc = rc
if rc*(rc<>28) = 0 then do
  'EXECIO 2 DISKW DMSUME REPOS A3 0 F 80 (FINIS STEM RDYMSG.'
  'GENMSG DMSUME REPOS A3 DMS (NOLIST MARGIN 63'
  'SET LANG (ADD DMS USER'
  'ERASE DMSUME TEXT'
end
if ren_rc = 0 then 'RENAME RDYMSG REPOS  A DMSUME REPOS A'

  Later,  Dave H.

             "Gentry, Stephen"

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

             Sent by: The IBM z/VM Operating System
             <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

                                                                   cc

             09/26/2008 07:46 AM
                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re:
Modifying the CMS Ready Message

                            Please respond to

                      The IBM z/VM Operating System

                        <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

I modify it to help keep track of what userid I'm logged on to.
Sometimes, I'll have 2(two) or more sessions going.
Steve