Just wondering what folks set INACTIVE() to a "Linux only" environment where guests stay up for long periods or where MAINT and the like aren't used for long periods.

When we installed RACFVM, our security team set the same options as are being used on z/OS which we all thought was a good idea. But, we've been getting a lot of guests with revoked IDs.

It wasn't until today when logging onto MAINT did we realize what we'd done since the logon seemed to "hang" and we didn't figure out what was going on until we looked at OPERATORs console:

ICH303I INACTIVE INTERVAL EXCEEDED BY SPECIAL USER MAINT AT TERMINAL AC182D8F.
13ICH304D REPLY Y TO ACTIVATE USER OR N TO REVOKE USERID MAINT .

So, we have the notion of simply change our INACTIVE(45) to NOINACTIVE (if we can get security to bite), but were wondering if there were other options.

Thanks,

Leland