This index type of file would really be the same a a PACKAGE file in an offering from the IBM Download site, at least some of the offerings. The Package file did everything that you both are referring to plus a little extra. I never knew if there was a special tool to help generate a PACKAGE file. It's basically output of "listfile fn ft fm (da" with extra stuff in it such as comments and heading info with author, date, etc.

Jim